Friday 7 February 2014

Best Birthday, Beautiful Friends, Big Trends!

So as you know my Birthday has been and gone recently and we danced the night away and sipped on delicious martini cocktails. We started off the day with beautiful sunshine at the house then onto a wonderful surprise arrival by a very very good friend of mine, Dan. As you know I used to write for his fabulous men's blog Last Style of Defense. We don't get to see much of each other as he's always jetting off to Europe and the likes for shows and launches so it was wonderful to spend some time together. Plus my girls, my love and my siblings were there so after a few happy tears, bubbles and huggles it set us out for a gloriously fun and special weekend!

Delicious Birthday Bee Choccies


LA Birthday Bound B Card

I wore one of our stunning Frock Exchange frocks, the delectable short Philip Lim LBD and paired it with a very hot trend right now, metallic silver! I wore my favourite killer Sam Endleman heels, my H&M wool padded, painted silver jacket and a 'Primani' £6 silver clutch. Designer mixed with high street at its best!

Phillip Lim LBD
Funky 'Feather strand extensions' by Chi Chi's





Jumper and Silver Skirt by Maison Rabih Kayrouz, from Joseph

Now I know 'Heart Day' is coming up, but let me share that love next time! In the meantime I thought I'd help you to prepare you for 'that' date, looking great and feeling fabulous.

Here are a few of my favourite things right now. Everything from tips for your health, fitness, make-up and a hair product update. As well as your positive mantra for the week, inspiring quote and of course the hottest trends (naturally!), and some songs to get you going!

We all know the secret to looking good starts from within and what we eat. Read this great article in the Sunday Style Magazine last weekend...yum!

Health- Just Go Green

Green veggies are the key to boundless energy, mental clarity and an increase in immunity. Amelia Freer, a nutritional therapist explains, 'Whether you eat or drink greens, it's the fastest way to infuse the body with a cocktail of compounds to support the immune system, essential for fighting disease, promoting energy production, regulating digestive health, reducing sugar cravings and slowing down the ageing process.' She encourages us to eat at least 5 portions a day!

They are loaded with vitamins and minerals, fibre, disease-fighting phytonutrients and alkalising properties, rich in chlorophyll - the miraculous molecule that gives plants their green colour and acts as an oxygenator, blood cleanser and a powerful detoxifying agent in the liver, colon and entire digestive track.

Greens to keep you keen- kale, spinach, beet greens, dandelion greens, broccoli, swiss chard, collard greens, watercress, dark leafy lettuces.

Fitness Fun


Ballet Bootcamp is a fun and elegant way of keeping fit whilst using stretching, breathing and toning techniques.

'It combines military-style pace and energy with posture-correcting movements of ballet to sculpt and strengthen your physique.'

Sweaty Betty, my top sportswear shop (I used to work there in my very early twenties and I religiously wear their training sweat pants...I have 5 pairs!) are running free weekly classes across the UK from today. Check out their website for more details. And if you can't make it to one of their boutiques, there is an exclusive virtual class available online, so there's no excuse!

Face And Locks Me Beautiful Please!

I simply can't live without my Rhodes To Heaven Orange Skin Food with this chilly weather right now! My skin constantly changes during the month; oily, dry, hormones gggrrrrrr, depending on my sleep and water intake too of course, but this deliciously smelling cream quietens my blemishes and red areas, softens my skin and reduces my fine lines. With its collagen boosting ingredient, Lupin, I am left with the silkiest, most moisturised face. It also acts as my day, night, eye AND anti-ageing cream and is a great primer for my make-up so I am ready to 'slap on and go' whatever I am doing in a flash without worrying what my skin looks like!

I don't know about you but I need to change my shampoo and conditioning treatments every 8-10 weeks as my hair seems to get used to them too much - starting off lusciously shiny then becoming a little dull...even after my hairdressing colour session! I am currently using a wonderful duo by James Brown London; it's rich moisture conditioner and rich moisturising shampoo leaves my hair healthy looking, soft and glowing without any greasiness with its deeply hydrating properties. I add V05 'Give Me Texture' Volumising Powder after a day or so to add some 'ooomph' meaning I only have to wash my hair every 2-3 days giving my locks a break from styling, heat and unnecessary fiddling! As I have a bob hair cut, it also allows me to structure my hair in fabulous 'up do's' without using hair spray. It brushes out easily but be careful as it can make your hair delicate. I advise to wash your hair before combing through properly after using it!




Fix For The Week - keeping your resolutions going! Tips from The Sunday Times Style Magazine

Focus on a goal - visualise that frock on a fitter, more toned version of yourself.

Think of the wider health benefits - you'll sleep better, have more energy and be less stressed, and your heart will be stronger!

Reward yourself - you'll so deserve a healthy snack or smoothie once you've reached your target for the day.

Lean on those positive mantras - write them on the wall in front of your desk, be the best version of yourself!

And if you're ready to quit half way through? - Say this to yourself, 'Today it hurts, tomorrow it works! I can do more, I can always do more.'

Quote Me, Inspire Me

'Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.' 
The one and only, Coco Chanel

And my tunes for the moment...loving Sam Smith's cover of RY X's Berlin, Bombay Bicycle Club, Luna and this one....oldy but just discovered it! Jai Paul, Jasmine- perfection!

This blog is dedicated to my brother, my Peter. He gave me an amazing Birthday week. Love you darling- see you in Berlin soon! I, and the Webbs miss you already!





The Warmest of Swishes,
B xxx
bethany@londonfrockexchange.com
London Frock Exchange

No comments:

Post a Comment