Thursday 9 January 2014

New Year, New Wardrobe...New You!

Happy New Year dearest Swishers! Well I think last year, wow it feels weird saying that, has been the best year of my life...so far! (Touch wood!) So much has changed me and happened, where do I begin?



I won't harp on about myself too much...we all know the blogs that are having a love affair with themselves don't we?! But I did want to share with you how amazing 2013 has been for me, Sarah and of course London Frock Exchange.

After moving back from Los Angeles, having quite a rough time of it, the start of the year was very blurry. What shall I do? Where shall I move my fashion career? Help! All that, 'golly-I-am-turning-30-soon-and-my-life-has-been-flipped-and-I'm-a-bit-lost,' sort of tizz wozz.

Then...then...London Frock Exchange! I remember meeting my dear Sarah for a lovely lunch and chin wag, my best friend and sister really, at a pub just off the M3. She mentioned re-launching the fabulous dress swap service and immediately sparks flew and I was excited about my life again.



Oh, oh how hard we worked! It was the most fantastic journey of my life. Because Sarah has babies...one of them being my beautiful god-daughter, I would travel up every week for a night or two and we would work 'til the wee hours, sipping on endless cups of minty tea and eating choccies. The giggling, the sweat and tears not to mention the emotional ride. Looking back it has given me so much strength and happiness. I am truly blessed to be a part of this wonderful company and cannot wait to show you all the fabulous treats, changes and add-ons that we will be launching this year and beyond.

I will, as always, take you on my journey of how we are doing it all and what with Sarah's third baby coming any minute, so excited, I cannot wait to tell you all about that too!



I gained a family, a wonderful man and a fantastic business last year and 2014...well, it can only get better - touch wood. Stay positive and, although it's January, and everyone is harping on about how 'We should really take a good hard look at ourselves'...So annoying(!)...Just remember that you are beautiful and as long as we work hard and be kind, listen and love, the rest falls into place. There are rocks that get thrown at us, I'm not saying everything is rosy all the time, not at all, that's for princesses and fairies, but they are only thrown at us to guide us and push us in a different direction, because we are actually probably going in the wrong one! Crikey that was deep, forgive me!

Right, after all that reflection, how about I give you a fun new task for January? We probably still have all our stocking pressies and gifts shoved in a Christmas bag that Auntie Sue put all the pressies in, tucked in a corner in the living room right? And our shoes are a bit all over the place as we couldn't decide which ones to wear to the New Year's party? Clothes still needing washing from before the office do...just haven't gotten round to it...am I right? 

So take a weekend to sort this... and soon! It seems too much but it really won't take that long. Turn the radio up, make some tea and empty the washing, file your shoes and hang up those clothes like they were last year (re-read my wardrobe guide ladies!). Be calm, take it slow. It will make you feel like you have really started this year with a clean, fresh approach. A bang! 

Do things that you've never done this year. Plan a wild trip or call someone you haven't spoken to in a while. Wear something you are scared of! It will bring out a new shiny and confident you! There'll also be some frocks you don't want, naturally, so send them in and we'll get you some beautiful new frocks for the Spring and Summer!

CHECK OUT OUR NEW IN WHISTLES FLOWY FLYING DOVE FROCK!

I'll be back soon lovely ladies!
Warmest 2014 Swishes,

B xx
For Daddy, Sarah and My Charlie. Thank you for bringing my joy back. I love you x

No comments:

Post a Comment